At Stanza, we believe time is your scarcest resource. Every day we make important choices around how to spend our time and with whom. We want to make this process more effortless.
As we continue to scale, our larger vision is to redefine calendar as a dynamic service that helps you find, remember and act on the things that you truly care about spending your time on.
We are looking for senior Back-End Engineers to join our growing team of 20. You will be part of a small, fast paced and growing team evolving our first generation platform for production, scale and the next wave of functionality.
This is a great opportunity to both solve some fun technical problems and see the impact of your work in real-time across our growing user base.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about a role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and he/she will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
Development time will roughly be 75% feature work and 25% DevOps work.
- Serve as a primary point who is responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our Internet-facing services
- Assist in the roll-out and development of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale environment.
- Work closely with other developers to ensure that platforms are designed with operability in mind.
- Drive standardization efforts across multiple services
- Identify and lead efforts to improve automation
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
What We Can Expect From You:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science
- 3+ years experience spanning DevOps, Site Reliability, or backend/infrastructure engineering.
- Experience with Node.js highly preferred
- Experience with MongoDB, Memcached, AWS, or similar technologies
- Full stack troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
What We Offer You:
- Base salary + commission
-Equity (0.05% - 0.1%)
- Health care benefits contribution
- Public transit commuter reimbursement
- Bountiful office snacks
- Location near public transit in the heart of San Francisco
- Join a start-up near the ground level and contribute to an exciting growth period for the business