Stanza builds calendar products that live on thousands of publisher sites, where millions can view and sync upcoming events to their personal calendars. We then deliver in-calendar services & content that complete the users' event experience — such as articles, videos, tickets, score info, transportation options, and more.
The Publisher Business Development position is focused on developing new business with premium publishers in both existing and brand new market verticals.
- Build pipeline of high quality publishers to use Stanza
- Record and track progress in our CRM and internal analytics
- Meet and exceed monthly and quarterly revenue targets
- Establish Stanza as a trusted partner; providing guidance to clients on strategies for effective monetization via Stanza's product
- Drive and contribute best practices around account planning, forecasting, relationship building, and solution selling
- Provide critical Voice of the Customer feedback to influence internal product roadmap and long-term strategy
- Experience with building media / premium publisher relationships - including solid relationships across these entities
- Strong track record in managing all aspects of a sales process, from prospecting to negotiation and closing
- Ability to explain technical concepts to potentially non-technical audiences
- Excellent phone and in-person presentation skills
- Highly organized, used to managing multiple projects to tight deadlines with great attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment
- Bonus: Knowledge of (and experience in) desired verticals such as gaming, entertainment, health / wellness, finance or others.
What We Offer You:
- Base salary + commission
-Stock options (0.05% - 0.1%)
- Health care benefits contribution
- Public transit commuter reimbursement
- Bountiful office snacks
- Location near public transit in the heart of San Francisco
- Join a start-up near the ground level and contribute to an exciting growth period for the business